The theme of the 63rd Young Königswinter Conference will be What sort of leadership do we need? The up to 40 participants will discuss the following three topics:
How should we fight for our interests and values?
- When is military action justified?
- When is direct action justified? (Strikes, street blockades, …)
- What do we need to do to strengthen parliamentary democracy?
- What we each (Brits and Germans) have to learn from the other’s systems?
What is the representative society for the 2020s and how do we build it?
- What kind of diversity do we need? Won’t we end up creating a new establishment?
- Should there still be quotas and if so which?
- How do we best tackle regional and class disparities in job opportunities?
- What role can a feminist foreign policy play?
- What is best practice in the UK and Germany?
What is the future of work for the generations taking over?
- Between “quiet quitting” and 60 hour work weeks: Do we need to redefine the role of work in our lives, and if so how?
- Are labour shortages giving employees more power and how should they exercise it?
- Safety first; failing fast: the rights and wrongs of UK and German approaches to work
- Is AI a helper, competitor, or destroyer?