The theme of the 61st Young Königswinter Conference will be “A new beginning: the UK-German partnership in unchartered waters“. The up to 40 participants will discuss the following three topics:
Global Britain, the EU and Germany in a world of disorder
- A new beginning in the UK-German partnership – concrete projects to maintain and strengthen the bonds
- Future developments in German Federalism and the British Union
- Germany and UK: Players or observers in the US-China-Russia competition and global politics?
Climate and post-Covid economic recovery
- Post-Covid recovery, green recovery – lessons for fighting climate change?
- Future of work after the pandemic and in the battle against climate change
- The role of international financial institutions, nation states, business and civil society in financing the fight against global hunger, pollution and the pandemic
- Divisive drivers against integration and inclusion
- How to tackle populism, political extremism and misinformation in Germany and the UK?
- Means for the political and economic elites to regain credibility and trust in a new era of increasingly digitized communication