We now accept applications for the next Young Königswinter Conference, which will take place in Berlin from 24 – 28th July, 2024. The deadline for applications is March 31st, 2024.
Potential candidates can submit an independent application or be nominated by, for example, a past participant of either Young Königswinter or Königswinter, a representative of business, charitable organisations, research institutes, political parties or unions, or by a representative of the Gesellschaft.
The Young Königswinter Conference addresses the up-and-coming generation of British and German decision-makers. The participants are drawn from a wide base including politics, business, academia, culture, the media, the third-sector, and have either already started their careers or are completing post-graduate studies.
Pre-requisites for an application are a high-degree of political awareness (also at a European level) and an excellent command of the English language. Participants are expected to be well prepared in order to be able to contribute to the discussions – for example, by giving a short introduction to the subject of their chosen study group.
The Conference has established itself as a well-known and important forum for promoting German-British understanding. Therefore, applications far exceed the number of available places and participation cannot be guaranteed. Candidates are selected according to many criteria, not least their specialist knowledge of a particular study group subject.
Applying to attend
- should be aged between 25 and 32 years
- should have a genuine interest in German-British relations and European affairs
- should have excellent English language skills
- We are committed to promoting diversity and equal opportunity at the conference and encourage women and/or people from minority groups (e.g. people with migration backgrounds and/or disabilities) to apply.
- the application form
- a cover letter (300 – 500 words) in English outlining why you would like to attend
- a CV in English (tabular format)
The deadline for applications for the 64th Young Königswinter Confererence is 31st March, 2024.
- Participants are asked to contribute €250 to cover part of the arising costs.
- The Deutsch-Britische Gesellschaft covers accommodation, full board, transfers and other costs arising from the programme, i.e. entrance to exhibitions. Travel can be reimbursed in certain circumstances upon request (up to €100 for participants traveling within Germany and up to €200 for participants residing outside Germany),
Location and Date
The Young Königswinter Conferences takes place at the European Academy Berlin annually in summer. The next conference date is 24 – 28th July, 2024.